Group/Submission Rules and Requirements (Read!)
1. This is a group for people who love rats. Anyone with intentions to mock rat lovers can leave this page now.
2. Along with no rat hate, I don't want to see any kind of hate on the group page here, in the art, etc towards others, animals, anything. Constructive criticism is perfectly fine, whether it be on artwork or pet ownership.
3. This rule is very important- this group is intended for ETHICAL rat owners. That is by no means meant to discourage anyone who is new to rats. However, I reserve the right to delete comments promoting improper care of rats and reject deviations displaying it as well. Out of respect, I will PM users explaining what is wrong as well rather than just deleting things and leaving them to wonder. I am not out to hate anyone. This group is meant to be an educational experience.
Also, please don't think I know everything. If anyone sees anything they think is wrong, please PM me and let me know. The aim of this group is to educate, and share art of course.
4. The journal is for posting informative rat information. Please don't try to spam it with "I need this" or rats needing homes, unless it is a huge situation similar to the hoarding case that was featured on A&E's Hoarders. If you want to post something on the journal and are unsure, ask me.
1. Submissions must be related to rats.
2. DO NOT SUBMIT TO FEATURED. There are folders! If I missed a category, PM me before submitting and I'll add it for you so you can submit properly.
3. Artwork must be yours.
4. Art must be good quality. Please don't submit a stick figure rat you drew on paper. Photography should be clear and good quality. Not camera phone quality.
5. I don't mind a few pictures from a photoshoot, but please don't submit a bunch of the same photo.
6. I DON'T want to see dead animals. Period. I don't mean animals that have passed I mean literally dead rat bodies.
7. I reserve the right to reject something if it is too mature (sexual or gory rat photography, etc).
8. I will also not accept deviations displaying improper care (as listed above.) This includes backyard breeding, incorrect cages (too small, aquariums), wrong bedding, etc. That doesn't mean I'll never accept deviations from you, but my page is not going to be cluttered with incorrect rat care to give people the wrong ideas.
Want to Learn?
Perfect. That's what this group is about. We want to learn about rats and care for them the best as we can.
Oh, and look at wonderful artwork by all of the very talented members out there.